We ask our clients to renew their data in connection with tax information exchange
If you are a taxable person (individual or legal person) in any country than Estonia, we ask you to fill in the Client Data Questionnaire where shall be added all tax residence countries and respective tax identification numbers.
There are several options for renewing customer data:
✓ Renewing customer data in Internet bank
✓ Renewing customer data in a bank office
Additional information from Customer Support at +372 66 88 066
Please be aware that if a customer does not provide the required information, the financial institution will be obliged to submit data of the person to the Tax and Customs Board.
Exchange of tax information FATCA & CRS keyboard_arrow_down
Starting 1 January 2016, Estonian financial institutions are obliged to ask customers to provide the bank with all tax residence countries (including USA) where customers pay taxes and their taxpayer identification number.
The legal grounds for gathering and exchanging tax information under FATCA and CRS legislation are stipulated in the Tax Information Exchange Act.
Under the CRS, jurisdictions like Estonian Tax and Customs Board obtain financial information from their financial institutions and automatically exchange that information with other jurisdictions on an annual basis.
- AS TBB pank general conditions
- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Prevention Act
- Advisory Guideline of the Financial Supervision Authority „Measures for the Prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in Credit Institutions and Financial Institutions“
- Agreement between the Government of the Unites States of America and the Government of the Republic of Estonia to Improve International Tax Compliance and to Implement FATCA Ratification Act
- Tax Information Exchange Act