Besides classical Client-Bank systems for distant bank account management, Tallinn Business Bank offers to his Customers new technologies, enables to get information on accounts within real time through electronic channels in the Internet.
InternetBank system makes possible for bank customers to get information at any time and from any place in the world. From their offices or homes customers can check account balance, detailed account statement and documents for accounts covering any period of time, send and receive messages from Bank. Modern electronic technologies make banking cheaper, faster and easy to use.
New InternetBank system enables to:
- Use several bank accounts opened in Tallinn Business Bank
- Monitor all stages of proceeding for all payment documents and get in time all necessary confirmations or messages about errors
- Receive account statements and documents for all bank accounts covering any period of time
- View and print information on all outgoing payments
- Send and receive messages in free format from Bank
- Arrange your work by delegating users rights, for example :
- One user only prepares payment documents
- Another privileged user accepts them and sends them to be accomplished
- Show the names of the bank accounts used in InternetBank system in the more comfortable way for customers
- One of the advantages is proceeding of all payment documents within real time
- This system provides wide range of options for administrating users rights, it allows you to :
1. change users name if necessary
2. activate a new user
3. change language for InternetBank
4. change users password
5. change fast contact information of user
6. block the work of particular user, for example during his vacation
7. view balance of the particular account
8. prepare domestic payment orders
9. prepare international payment orders
11. receive statements of account
New InternetBank system supports the following types of documents
- Payment order within Estonia
- International payment order
- Samples of payment orders typical payments
Difference between InternetBank and classical “Client-Bank” system
New InternetBank system is more complete version of Client-Bank system. It has all strong points of its predecessor, but is more friendly for customers:
- there is no need to install additional devices and pay for extra electronic channels
- payment document created by sender will be immediately transferred to recipient passing by several stages of bank proceedings what boosts the speed of payments and monitoring.
- Customer can get the latest information on account statement. Information on incoming capitals becomes available on the screen of his computer immediately after arriving the bank.
- The whole exchange of documents between customer and bank is made by means of electronic communication, there is no need for customer to present confirming documents on paper. Nevertheless bank does not refuse its obligation to submit at customers first request any confirming documents, such as paper copies stamped and signed by the bank.
Advantage of the new InternetBank system
Easy to use
- To manage your bank account through Internet you dont need to have any special knowledge or experience. To be sure you can try demo version of the system
- Payments between clients of InternetBank are transferred in real time. On the screen of your computer you can monitor all stages of proceeding payment documents by the bank
- Information on incoming payments becomes available for you immediately after their arrival to the bank
- Easy to join. If you are the customer of Tallinn Business Bank, you will need to sign Service Contract and show the list of bank accounts available for use via InternetBank.
- Easy to use. Supported by carefully designed technology for financial transactions.
- Possible to get and make any payments, in spite of your counteragent being connected to this system or not.
- No need to be afraid of making mistakes while filling in payment order. System checks all documents and shows errors.
- Transmitted information is secured from illegal access by its encoding with SSL protocol in international format for cryptographic.
- Identifying system guarantees originality of both parties performing operation
- all stages of electronic exchange of documents are confirmed by documents ( reports on transactions, account statements, confirming payments receipts and other )
Work safety in the InternetBank
Every day more and more Internet technologies are coming into modern life. Today many banks all over the world, including Estonia, are actively using Internet for distant service of their customers. Its indisputable, that transmittance of financial documents in the open net requires special attention and safety measures. Reliable protection system against illegal access is needed. Taking into consideration the level of modern technologies its not complicated to make it work. There are 2 types of financial information transmittance via Internet :
- installation of special programme support at clients site
- use of standard internet-browser at clients site
First type has visible disadvantages, as it requires some action from clients for installation and adjustment of special programmes, access to information is possible only from the computer with necessary tools ( programmes ) installed. But that type of use has one serious advantage, developers of the system have non-limited possibilities to use of different safety systems and cryptosafety. In the second case developers have to rely on standard safety systems during transmittance of information in the open net.
While using InternetBank, information on clients accounts is protected by 2 independent safety protocols: identification of client by his name, main password and one of 30 passwords from the password card, and encoding of transmitting information.
While connecting with the server in the bank, the browser requests users name, then the main password and additional session password from the password card, which includes 30 passwords,the system picks password at random at the beginning of every session. Successfully identified client get access to information on his bank account. In the InternetBank system protection ( encoding ) of transmitted information is based on standard protocol SSL ( Secure Sockets Layer ). It is the most widely used mean of user identification and encoding of transmitted information in open electronic channels in the Internet, it became the certified industrial standard in this field. SSL was developed by Netscape in 1994.
Protocol SSL provides coding of all transmitted information from customers computer to the server in the bank, it secures protection of financial information. Encoding length is 128 bytes, the highest level of encoding available now, it means that there are 2¹²º possible combinations of “keys”, but only one of them enables access to the information. But using SSL, you have to take into consideration the fact that American legislation limitates “key length “ up to 40 bytes. In Estonia, use of 128 bytes for encoding is allowed. If your browser cannot support 128 bytes cryptography, you can download additional patches from the European or American websites and enlarge your cryptography up to 128 bytes.
If you need any additional information, please dont hesitate to contact IT department in Tallinn Business Bank, where you can get necessary advice.